ÜberEstablished in July 2013, Freedom House Reentry Education and Employment Corporation (FREE) is a not-for-profit organization that provides wraparound services to formerly incarcerated adults, veterans and their children. FREE is a registered California 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation in good standing.
Our Mission is to reduce recidivism through reentry programming and by creating social enterprise opportunities that empower the formerly incarcerated, their families and communities.
FREE programing includes the following:
Get Help App (GHAPP) supports the successful and safe transition of adults from secure confinement back to their families and communities. Our program puts our Get Help App© into the hands of every individual exiting the criminal justice system that has a cellular device. Our patented Get Help App© is available free of charge from Google Play or the Apple App store.
The Get Help App © provides a 24/7 source of support to formerly incarcerated individuals and their families. With the simple push of a button:
For returning citizens:
• they are connected to a trained Peer Mentor for communication via phone call or text messaging.
• they are connected live referral resource hotline that connects individuals to every possible resource, including available employment opportunities to insure their successful re-integration.
• they are connected to a group chat monitored by a trained Peer Mentor.
• they are connected to our resume creator tool, that produces the perfect resume by simply submitting an online application.
For Family and Friends:
• they are connected live referral resource hotline that connects individuals to every possible resource, including available employment opportunities to help insure successful re-integration for their returning family member.
• they are connected to a group chat monitored by a trained family member volunteer.
Our Peer Mentors will be trained by a FREE staff member from a training program designed by Adler University.
FREE believes its GHAPP will help to reduce recidivism by at least 39% and help to decrease state's correctional expenditures by millions. The application will also be a tool that will provide job listings, videos related to decision making and behavior, notification of important dates, notification of events such as job fairs. Our CRM is being designed by iCarol. We will achieve integration with Dialpad.com. Because our app accesses the GPS of participants, we have the ability provide referral services close at hand.
Vet Help App Phone Program (VHAPP), is a veteran specific version of the Get Help App Phone Program (GHAPP), provides supports that aid in the successful and safe transition of adults from secure confinement back to their families and communities. VHAPP puts a cellular phone device into the hands of every veteran exiting the criminal justice system, or going through treatment courts that meets the criteria as established by the Veteran’s Treatment Court jurisdiction. Each cellular device we deliver will have our patented Vet Help App© installed.
Both GHAPP and VHAPP include:
24/7 Reentry Referral Resource Hotline, is a twenty-four hotline to provide resources to individuals reentering the community from incarceration
24/7 Peer Mentorship, is a twenty-four hotline to provide live-peer mentoring to individuals reentering the community from incarceration. Mentors are available to speak or text in times of crisis or to just chat.